Saturday, September 8, 2007

As an addendum:


For the sake of completeness, I will also be cross-posting many of the poems and lyrics I am personally happy with from my old livejournal.

Also, to clarify I will be attempting to do critical reading and analysis of poems I enjoy. I feel I have done this a lot for quite sometime but it always stays within my head. I'm sure if I made a more concerted effort to materalize my thoughts on certain works i will find new meanings and elaborate on old discoveries. Besides, it is a good mental exercise considering this is something we are learning to do in my Principles of Literary Study course. Although I have always read deeply into many things I feel many things may have been lost on me and this class will help to increase my abilities in reading.

It also doesn't hurt that I have access to the Oxford English Dictionary online now which is so comprehensive it's intimidating.

I will also try to post photographs I have taken.

Once I have time I will talk about and attempt to an in-depth analysis of the poem Early Apollo.


Also, if possible I will post links to articles concerning poetry, theory, philosophy, etc that I find interesting.

No comments: